Odds, Fobs and Gear knobs: Accidental Talismans
Join us as our very own Persephone - Ame Christen, arrives to help melt the snow and lead us into Spring!
A talisman is thought to be a magical object, something that has been infused with terrible power and created by only the most powerful magicians. But a talisman is simply an expression of a desire, of faith. It is any object that holds a belief. You don’t have to be a grand wizard to make a talisman.
Everyone makes them; they are our wedding bands, the baby pictures of our children, and scrapbooks from a special trip. However, we infuse talismans of a darker nature even more easily; they are the creatures that lurk under our beds and the monsters that lie in our closets in the form of boxes, stuff and junk that we know we should get rid of…but somehow…it has attached itself to us.
Our junk and clutter are powerful talismans feeding off of our life force, depleting our energy, and keeping us harnessed to the past. They hold us back from the possibilities of the future.
Join us for a chance to experiment with this magic by creating talismans as we learn to consider how our odds, fobs and gear knobs affect us physically, psychologically, emotionally and spiritually.
We'll be making paper egg talismans: planting the seeds of hopes and dreams and watching what grows from that which we have thrown away to make room for the new.
Special activities for kids!
- Bring something from your home that needs to go away in order for you to get started on organization of clutter and banishing of unnecessary talismans! We will be donating these items to Charity.
- Bring items for our community altar that represent the season of Spring: wooden eggs, statues/pictures of rabbits or chicks, sheep, fresh flowers, photographs, etc. Also any items you would like charged and blessed by the energy of the Tribe, for the coming season of growth.
- Bring a fully prepared potluck meal contribution: Fresh green or pasta salads, casseroles, baked goods, breads, deli meats and cheeses, fruits and vegetables, juices are always welcome and much appreciated. If you would like to bring a dessert or a bag of chips in addition to your potluck contribution, please feel free!
- A snack if you can't wait until 4pm to feast!
- A mug or cup for drinks. Coffee & tea provided.
The cost is $15.00 per person.
Children under 16 are free. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
No pre-registration necessary.
For further information contact Angie Buchanan at:or email: Angie@EarthTraditions.org.
All are welcome. We look forward to seeing you there.
Remember that time flows, and the schedule is approximate.
Relax! Enjoy yourselves!
Blessings of Spring!
- 10:00am Open For Arrivals
- 11:00am Welcome and Announcements
- Meditation to help turn the Wheel
- Break - Snack - Chat -- Enjoy the fire and the view -- Get to know someone new
- 12:30pm Odds, Fobs and Gear knobs: Accidental Talismans With Ame Christensen - Earth Traditions Community Member and performing artist with Terra Mysterium and other works.
- Concurrent as needed - SEEDS Program - Kids Activities -
- 3:00pm Main Ritual - with Ame and others
- 4:00pm Feast
- 6:00pm Closing, Social TIme, Clean up and Departures. May the Circle be open, but never broken. Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet again!