Imbolc Saturday February 7, 2015
10AM to 5PM
Dekoven Center - Racine, WI
Earth Traditions Presents: Bid Farewell to Winter
We are winding up our winter season here in the Midwest and as some of us eagerly bid farewell to the shorter days, chilly nights and frosty mornings, it can be helpful to also take a moment to turn our thoughts to the spiritual “winter” season we sometimes go through. It is in that season, that we await a miracle, a breakthrough or an answer, We cling to the hope for “sunnier” days and that hope can keep us going not only through the long nights of the season, but also through the Dark Nights of the Soul.
Join us at the beautiful Dekoven Retreat Center in Racine, WI, for an Imbolc celebration to bid farewell to Winter! We will be in Assembly Hall this time - right on the lake front. Grab a steaming mug of hot chocolate and some homemade cookies. We will be making Vision Boards, to help us clarify and map our intentions, and help focus on the things we want to bring forward n the coming year. Or you can choose to join the children for storytelling and their own activities. Sit in the glow of family and Tribe! All are welcome!!
- 10AM - Arrivals
- 11AM - Introductions and discussion with Drake & Angie
- 12Noon - Treasure Maps and Vision Boards
- 2PM - Break - Take a walk, meet a new friend, have a snack.
- 3PM - Ritual for Imbolc (May be partially outside so dress appropriately)
- 4PM - Feasting
- 5PM - Clean up and departures. Your assistance is welcome!
Things to Bring:
- Bring a pot luck dish to share. Enough to feed all those in your group. You are welcome to bring chips, dips, or desserts in addition to your main meal contribution.
- Bring a personal snack if you need something to tide you over until the feasting at 4PM.
- Bring an item for exchange at our White Elephant Swap Meet. Something you no longer need that might find a new home and bring a smile. Books, candle holders, statuary, etc. (no clothing please) See something you want on the table? Take it! First come basis!
- Bring a white votive candle in a glass cup.
- Bring seeds for the community to bless.
The cost is $15.00 per person - children under 16 are free. No pre-registration required although we would love for you to indicate you're coming on our Facebook page!