Starin Park Community Center, 504 W. Starin Rd., Whitewater, WI
Dangerous Tea - A Beltaine Celebration
It’s Beltaine! The time of the waxing sun is upon us! Hearts and spirits are hopeful as we move into summer.
Join us as we gather in community to celebrate!
- Dance the May Pole
- Learn how to read tea leaves for divination (Bring an appropriate hat if you have one!)
- Bear witness to those who would like to re-commit their vows* and to the installation of the new May Couple, who will carry the tradition of blessing the community each month through out the year.
- Walk between the sacred flames, sing, drum,
- Learn some of what’s in store for Earth Traditions as we move forward with our growth as a community, and an organization! Have conversations of substance, and let the world know that you made it through the winter!
We’ll have coffee and tea available. As well as a few other goodies.
Things to Bring
- A teacup and saucer for the tealeaf-reading workshop. If you have an extra, bring that too! The community will vote, and prizes will be given for the teacup voted most favorite.
- A flower or green leaf head wreath
- A drum or rhythm instrument (we'll also have some on hand)
- Bring a dish to share, enough to feed however many are in your group. If you would like to bring a dessert, or a bag of chips in addition to your meal contribution, please feel free to do so.
The cost is $15.00 to help defray the expense of the venue. Cash or check only. Children under 16 are free. All are welcome. No pre-registration required.
*Those who would like to renew their vows at the Maypole, in community, please be in touch with Angie: Angie@EarthTraditions.org or Drake: Drake@EarthTraditions.org